Recently, I have gotten back into playing Minecraft. Given my lust love for tinkering, I couldn’t help find out how to make the default game look “better.” This is what I did to achieve satisfaction:
Note: Change %appdata% to ~/ for Linux.
- Download Minecraft Forge version 1487
- Download Optifine 1.8.0 HD U D5
- Download Karyonix’ Shaders Mod (their direct adfly link)
- Download SEUS v10.1 Ultra shaderpack
- Install Minecraft Forge – default location should work.
- Open File Explorer and type %appdata%/.minecraft into the address bar.
- Copy Optifine_1.8.0_HD_U_D5.jar into mods/1.8 (create directory 1.8 if it isn’t there already)
- Start Minecraft and press edit profile on the forge profile
- Make sure release 1.8-Forge126.96.36.1997 is selected under use version
- Open Minecraft and turn off AA, AF, Fast Render, Natural Texture.
- Close Minecraft
- Copy ShadersMod-v2.4.12mc1.8.jar into mods/1.8
- Copy SEUS-v10.1.zip to %appdata/.minecraft/shaderpacks
- Open Minecraft and go into Options. You should see Shaders...
- Select SEUS-v10.1.zip
I use Realistico for my resource pack. It is a high resolution version of the default textures, plus a bumpmap for taking advantage of shaders.
- Texture (Mediafire link)
- Bumpmap (Mediafire link)
- Place them in %appdata%/.minecraft/resourcepacks
- Enable both for the best effect!